During the week I love to make quick meals that require minimal clean up, preferably only one pan. This week I was scrounging through the fridge and found a few leftover items that I decided to throw into my one pan and see what happens. Voila! Bacon and onion brussel slaw was born. This recipe takes about 10 minutes, so it has quickly become a favorite.
- 2 packages shredded brussel sprouts (from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 package apple smoked bacon (also from Trader Joe’s)
- 1/2 sweet onion
- salt and pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- Slice bacon and onion and add to pan
- Cook over medium heat until bacon is starting to get crispy and onions are brown
- Add balsamic to deglaze the pan, and scrape the bacon bits off the bottom using a wooden spoon
- Dump in the shredded brussel sprouts and mix everything together, adding more balsamic to the taste you desire. Salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan and let it steam over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes. It’s just that easy!