My kids request Mickey Mouse pancakes EVERY.SINGLE.WEEKEND! So, I do as I’m told (after all, this is healthy food they are requesting!) and I usually make a triple batch so I have some on hand for the week ahead. I’m trying to mix it up a bit though and sneak in some added nutrition.
- 1 batch Mickey Mouse pancakes
- Frozen organic wild blueberries (from TJ’s freezer section, a kiddie favorite!)
- Real fruit snacks
- Cocoa powder (organic, fair-trade)
Whip up some pancakes and add any of the above ingredients (Clockwise from the photo above):
- Cocoa pancakes: add cocoa powder to the batter and dust with cocoa powder to serve. Top with grass-fed butter pat (I shaped it into a heart).
- Blueberry: add the berries to the batter. Done.
- Real fruit snacks: pour the batter into the pan, press fruit into the batter. Cook. Flip. (in the picture above, this was before I flipped the cakes).
The kids love to figure out what’s inside of their cakes. Yum!